Calling all individuals and organizations with a
Socially Responsible Conscience!
Showcase your work and stand to win an award!
The Global Sourcing Council (GSC) honors individuals and organizations that have demonstrated exceptional social and economic leadership in innovating, improving and implementing Sustainable and Socially Responsible Sourcing (3S) practices. 3S practices are those activities that individuals or organisations do to ensure that they make a meaningful impact across their value chain into the lives of the of the buyers, suppliers, business partners, advisory services and surrounding communities, which are not only socially responsible but sustainable as well. Previous winners of the 3S Awards can be seen on www.gscouncil.org.
Apply in one of the following six (6) categories:
- 3S Community Engagement Award: This award is focused on organizations that influence and make sustainable a single or multiple communities by providing employment, making available building block resources for survival, providing educational tools and resources and enabling communities by availing business opportunities.
- 3S Employee Engagement Award: The Employee Engagement Award is aimed at businesses/organizations that empower their employees towards 3S actions. This would include but is not limited to engaging employees in sustainable and socially responsible practices through the company/various groups and providing tools for employees (educational/ vocational).
- 3S Empowered Women Award: This award recognizes 3S initiatives taken to empower women that are part of global supply chains or their surrounding communities, as well as honoring women who have made a 3S difference.
- 3S Impact Sourcing Award: This award recognizes individuals and organizations that have established and implemented impact sourcing practices to benefit disadvantaged communities.
- 3S “Innovative Sourcing Award”: This award recognizes innovative 3S initiatives across all industries and platforms.
- 3S People’s Choice Award: This award is based on popular vote by the sourcing community. Videos from all categories will be up for voting and the most popular submission will make the cut for the award.
The Global Sourcing Council (GSC) will begin accepting applications for the 3S Awards on October 1, 2014. Applications will involve submission of an on-line application and short video (approximately 3 minutes) highlighting the applicant’s achievements in the offered awards categories.
You will need to go to the Global Sourcing Council website www.gscouncil.org and you will be directed to the 3S Awards entry page.
All applications will be evaluated by independent judges who are experts in the fields of sustainability, social responsibility, and sourcing. The People’s Choice Award is an open online competition subject to one vote per IP address.
In the past, prizes have varied from the actual receiving of a physical Award itself, to hands-on training and skills development in the form of a Boot Camp and in instances where significant sponsorship was available, monetary rewards have been given to the winners. The 3S Boot Camp participation consists of training sessions and conferences that have helped companies scale-up and develop their socially responsible business practices. Each year, the winners have gained unique exposure to world media and C-suite global business people from across sectors, around the world.
The prizes for the upcoming 2015 3S Awards will be announced closer to the date of the Awards.
|3S Awards Host Sponsor||$50K|
|GSC Web Meeting sponsor||$1K|
*Details of your benefits under each sponsorship package are available upon request.
*Customized packages are also available upon request.
Entries will be accepted from Wednesday, October 1, 2014 until March 31, 2015.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in New York City in June 2015.
This is a wonderful way to promote your socially responsible business and dedication to global sustainability. You can support the 3S Awards program financially or with valuable in-kind support including but not limited to: food/beverage, graphic design, printing, marketing and other information technology opportunities, social media exposure, GSC website maintenance or the gift of your time to volunteer to help in the build-up towards the Awards Ceremony or during the Ceremony itself in New York .
Please contact Gary S. Pasricha (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Chairman of the 2014-15 3S Awards for additional information