Interested in working with the Global Sourcing Council? See our open positions below.
Assistant Marketing Coordinator Volunteer
The Global Sourcing Council (GSC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in New York City. Our mission is to educate, advocate, and inspire businesses and individuals to pursue sustainable and socially responsible sourcing practices as well as encourage profit with purpose. Formed in 2007, the GSC is a member of the UN Global Compact, with Consultative Status with the UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Throughout the year, we host an awards ceremony for social enterprises, promote the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through our Half-Billion Dollars Challenge (HBDC), host webinars, and so much more!
We are currently seeking an Assistant Marketing Coordinator to help the Marketing Coordinator with weekly tasks such as implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking membership data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; assisting in planning meetings; maintaining databases; and preparing reports. This position would require approximately 10-12 hrs/wk.
- Manage the private GSC LinkedIn group (moderate new member applicants and dialogue between current members) as well as other social media accounts
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with weekly newsletter campaigns, The Source
- Take part in weekly conference calls to update the GSC team
- Manage the HBDC: moderate new member applicants and perform outreach to potential new businesses
- An interest in marketing, communications, and/or sustainability
- Experience working with G-Suite
- Works well within a small team
- Open to new ideas
- Pitch creative ideas to drive new members/engage our current audience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic HTML and WordPress skills are a plus
*Please note, this is a remote, volunteer position, but this opportunity is available for school credit. You will learn and gain skills including: communicating to an international audience; working on platforms such as Emma and Hootsuite; fine-tuning your HTML and WordPress skills; and collaborating with an international team. This position may lead to a paid internship in the future.
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.gscouncil.org/
If you’re interested in applying or would like some more information about the position, please email your resume in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.